Information for Students from Non-US Medical Schools
- We accept applications only through the ERAS system (http://www.ecfmg.org/eras).
- USMLE step 1 scores of 230 or above, step 2 scores of 240 or above, and applicant must pass CS exam on the first attempt.
- Completion of medical school within 1 year of application date.
- A Dean’s letter (or equivalent) from your medical school and 3 additional letters of recommendation, at least one of which should be from faculty in Internal Medicine (including subspecialties).
- Letter from current or previous residency program director (if applicable).
- Previous US medical experience is preferred but not required.
- International graduates must have a valid ECFMG certificate.
- We accept U.S. Citizens and permanent residents.
After review of these materials we will contact qualified candidates to arrange an interview.
David Tierney, MD
Program Director, Internal Medicine Residency (11135)
Abbott Northwestern Hospital
800 East 28th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55407-3799
(612) 863-6766 or 1-800-805-9928